- 20 oz of pineapple (if from can, drain and dice. If fresh, chop into small pieces about 1/4 – 1/2 inch in size)
- 3/4 cup pinapple juice (from can OR use fresh pineapple and juicer or high speed blender to make a juice)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 Tbsp corn starch (or similar thickener)
- 1/2 tsp minced jalapeno
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut pineapple. Combine pineapple, juice (pineapple and lime), and garlic in small sauce pan. Heat to boiling.
2. While mixture is boiling, combine cold water and cornstarch in separate container. Stir.
3. Add cornstarch liquid to boiling pan, stirring constantly until entire sauce is thickened.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in cilantro and jalapeno. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve warm sauce over meat or protein.