Recipe for an easy-to-make and so delicious prime rib!
1. Buy a good one. It won’t be cheap, but you won’t regret it. (Bones too. If you have the butcher cut bones off, keep them. You’ll use them as a rack while cooking.)
2. The night before you cook it, season generously with salt and pepper. Cover and put in fridge.
3. Remove from fridge 3-4 hours before cooking. Let it come to room temperature before cooking it.
4. Set oven to 425 degrees.
5. Place bone rack in a roasting pan and put in oven 30-40 minutes. Catch drippings. Set drippings aside and use to make Au Jus.
6. Put meat on bones and put back in oven (with no cover) for 30 minutes at 425 to sear it.
7. Reduce to 325 degrees. Cook until internal temp is 125 degrees. Remove from oven. (Estimate 15 minutes per pound to get it to correct internal temperature)
8. Rest for 30 minutes before cutting.
9. Slice, serve and enjoy.
For a great Au Jus recipe from the Food Network click here!
Know someone else who migh like this recipe? Please share it with them. It’s as easy as sending them the web address of this post.
Have any suggestions on how to improve this recipe or what you like best about it? We’d love to hear it. Leave a comment below.
Josh the only thing missing is lots of Garlic whole clove's.
Mmmm. Great suggestion CJ. Thanks 😀