- 12-16 ounces of penne pasta (I use gluten free)
- 2 cups of grape or cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 5 cloves of garlic (pressed)
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- ¼ cup of fresh basil chopped or 2 tablespoons of dried basil
Cook pasta according to directions on package. While penne is cooking, mix sauce in large bowl. (large enough to add pasta to when finished). Cut tomatoes in halves and put in bowl. Add oil, lemon juice, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. Using dry fry pan, toast pine nuts over low-medium heat shaking often until lightly brown. When pasta is done, drain and add that and pine nuts to bowl. Toss and serve.
If using GF pasta, it’s best to eat warm. This recipe can be served cold, but many of the GF pastas don’t hold a great texture when cold.
This recipe was sourced from Radiant Health, Inner Wealth.
If you tried this recipe, leave us a comment below and let us know how it turned out!